Recent Natural Disasters 2017: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Major Natural Disasters Today
- Flooding in Missouri, United States
-At least two people have been confirmed dead as a result of the storms and flooding in Missouri.
-Missouri Governor Eric Greitens has deployed the National Guard to help with flood fighting efforts.
-Flood warnings remain in place for more than two-thirds of the state.
-At least eight people have been dead due to flooding and tornadoes in Missouri, Arkansas and Texas over the weekend.
- Magnitude 6.3 strong earthquake in Alaska (@ 2.2 km depth) with epicenter located 141.6 km SW of Whitehorse, Canada. The earthquake was also felt in northern British Columbia. Click for detail report on Alaska earthquake
12:31 UTC (local time: 04:31; 2017-05-01 @ epicenter)
- Magnitude 3.8 light earthquake in Greece (@ 5 km depth) with epicenter located 8 km NW of Valsamáta. Tremor was well felt in Argostolion, Peratata, Lixouri, Agios Dimitrios and Metaxata areas of Greece.
11:02 UTC (local time: 14:02; 2017-05-01 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- Flooding in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
-Flooding caused by heavy rain left hundreds of tourists stranded at the Thomson Sensatori in Punta Cana.
-The British tourists were trapped in holiday hell after flooding hit their luxury 5-star resort in the Dominican Republic.
Recent Volcanic Activity
- Volcano preparedness month in Washington State
-May is Volcano Preparedness Month in Washington, USGS reported.
-The program helps to provide residents an opportunity to become more familiar with volcano hazards in their communities and learn about steps they can take to reduce potential impacts.
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Cyclone expected near Fiji
-Queensland's Bureau of Meteorology are tracking a "tropical disturbance" which is likely to develop into a cyclone in the next 24 hours.
-The Fiji Meteorological Service expects the system to develop into a cyclone on Tuesday as "low to moderate" but that will increase to "moderate" on Wednesday and Thursday.
Natural Disaster News
- The Tamil Nadu Commando Force team from Chennai, India conducted a month-long training programme on disaster management. The training was conducted for police personnel from across the state and the Home Guards.
- The West Virginia Department of Commerce is going to hold two events to inform communities about continuing recovery efforts related to the June 2016 flood. The first forum will be Monday at Clendenin Middle School in Kanawha County, and the second Thursday at White Sulphur Springs Civic Center in Greenbrier County. Both events are scheduled to be held from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and are open to the public.
- Jane Kress has been honored as the Columbiana County Emergency Management Agency 2016 Volunteer of the Year.
Useful information to read this Recent Natural Disasters List May 1, 2017
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Major Natural Disasters Today (real time update report on rolling major natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.