Recent Natural Disasters 2019: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Major Natural Disasters Today
- No major natural disaster occurred today.
- Magnitude 4.6 earthquake in Colombia with epicenter located 39 km NE of Buenaventura, Colombia.
11:06 UTC (local time: 06:06, 2019-02-19 @ epicenter)
- Magnitude 4.9 moderate earthquake near Coast of Central Peru with epicenter located 39 km W of Río Grande, Peru.
08:32 UTC (local time: 03:32, 2019-02-19 @ epicenter)
- Magnitude 3.5 earthquake in Southern Alaska with epicenter located 15 km N of Fishhook, United States.
06:59 UTC (local time: 21:59, 2019-02-18 @ epicenter)
- Magnitude 2.8 earthquake in Central Italy (@ 11 km depth) with epicenter located 18 km E of Maltignano, Italy.
06:49 UTC (local time: 07:49, 2019-02-19 @ epicenter)
- Magnitude 4.8 moderate earthquake Offshore Atacama, Chile (@ 20 km depth) with epicenter located 96 km NW of Vallenar, Chile.
05:09 UTC (local time: 02:09, 2019-02-19 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- Catastrophic flash flood warning for Parramatta, Australia
-A flash flood warning has been issued saying that Parramatta's CBD could be overwhelmed by a flash flood in as little as nine minutes, giving residents little time to evacuate.
-"The risk is the inability to get people out. Our warning times can be short," The Sydney Morning Herald reported citing George Jeoffreys, senior manager for risk reduction and avoidance at the NSW State Emergency Service.
Recent Volcanic Activity
- No major volcanic activity recorded today.
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Tropical system to become a typhoon Wutip
-A new tropical depression formed near the Federated States of Micronesia on Tuesday.
-The system developed to tropical storm strength early on Wednesday,named Wutip.
Natural Disaster News
- Ghana Government has signed a Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) with the African Risk Capacity (ARC) to help respond to natural disasters. This will help to improve upon its responses to extreme weather events and natural disasters and prepare government to purchase sovereign insurance for smallholder farmers.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has recommended Pakistan to introduce mandatory disaster insurance for residential areas. The recent increase of natural disasters over the last 15 years has caused disastrous losses of lives, damage to the country’s economy, and the reversal of its development gains.
Useful information to read this Recent Natural Disasters List Feruary 19, 2019
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Major Natural Disasters Today (real time update report on rolling major natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.