Recent Natural Disasters 2019: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Major Natural Disasters Today
- Lightning in Panchthar, Nepal
-Lightning in Panchthar has claimed life of a person and injured 10 others.
-Lightning killed Bhagendra Tamang,17, a resident of Pauwasartapka in Phalgunandana rural municipality-3. Click for detail report on Panchthar lightning
- Magnitude 3.8 light earthquake in Northern California (@ 8 km depth) with epicenter located 7 km SW of Yountville, United States. The tremor was felt as far as San Francisco and Berkeley. Strong tremor was felt in Yountville and Napa. Click for detail report on this earthquake
09:55 UTC (local time: 01:55, 2019-02-17 @ epicenter)
- Magnitude 4.8 moderate earthquake in India-Bangladesh border region (@ 10 km depth) with epicenter located 2 km S of Saiha, India.
02:58 UTC (local time: 08:28, 2019-02-17 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- No major flood reported today.
Recent Volcanic Activity
- No major volcanic activity recorded today.
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Tropical Cyclone Oma
-The Fiji Meteorological Service has upgraded Tropical Cyclone Oma to a category 3.
-According to the Radio New Zealand, the tropical cyclone Oma lashed the northern islands of the Vanuatu over the past 24 hours, reportedly bringing down trees and houses in the area. Click for detail coverage on Tropical Cyclone Oma
Natural Disaster News
- A disaster recovery center operated by the state of Alaska and the Federal Emergency Management Agency has been opened in Wasilla to provide in-person advice and referrals to those affected by the Nov. 30 earthquake.
Useful information to read this Recent Natural Disasters List February 17, 2019
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Major Natural Disasters Today (real time update report on rolling major natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.